Around this time every year, I usually list some fun summer activities for families with kids. Why should kids have all the fun? Here are some fun ideas you older-and-wiser friends to brighten your summer!
- Take a water aerobics class – try to find one outdoors now that the weather is nice.
- See a movie at a drive-in theater.
- Outdoor tai chi or yoga classes.
- Be a tourist in your own city – take an open-air bus excursion with a friend.
- Go for ice cream just because – no special occasion required!
- Make homemade popsicles with the neighborhood kids.
Looking for some deals?
Flash that driver’s license and keep more money in your wallet!
- Amtrak offers 10% off tickets for those 65 and older.
- National Parks – lifetime passes available for those age 62 and older for just $80.
- Southwest Airlines offers some special fares for those 65 and over.
- Marriott offers 15% off some hotels for customers aged 65 and over.
- Wyndham hotels offers discounted rates for those 60 and over.
- Ask your cruise line if they offer senior discounts.
- Most movie chains offer a senior ticket price.
- Indulge your love of genealogy for 30% off at Ancestry.com.
- Get free workouts at thousands of gyms and rec centers by joining Silver Sneakers.
Now, get off that couch, stop watching MSNBC, and go have some fun!