School is almost out and the dilemma for parents of teenagers is this: Do I pay someone (basketball camp, STEM camp, theater camp, etc.) to take my kid off my hands while I work? Or do I get someone to pay my kid and get them out of my hair (and off of Fortnight)?
If you are leaning toward the latter, here a few well-paying summer jobs for teenagers found on Forbes.com.
- Golf Caddy – Depending on tips, you make $20-$30/hour for carrying 2 bags for 18 holes.
- Babysitting – Average pay is about $13/hour.
- Lifeguard – Ah the power of whistling and yelling “Don’t Run!” at $9.25/hour.
- Construction – Seasonal work can be found for kids aged 16 and over for $15-$20 per hour.
- Lawn Mowing – Make your own hours, hone your sales skills, and earn about $20/hour.