Tens of millions of Americans have filed for unemployment since March. Everyone from optometrists to octopi at the local aquarium have seen demand drop for their services as people stay home to stay safe. If you need income while your regular industry rights itself, take heart. There are still some sectors that are hiring.
- Shipping and delivery companies such as UPS, Amazon, and the US Postal Service.
- Grocery stores and grocery delivery services.
- Remote meeting and communication companies such as Zoom, Microsoft, and Slack.
- Families looking for childcare so the adults can get SOMETHING done while working from home.
- Online learning companies looking to increase their offerings.
- Banks who are overwhelmed processing government paycheck protection programs.
If you aren’t finding a job that is suitable and can afford the expense, consider investing in online education for yourself to be that much more desirable when hiring picks up.