If you don’t laugh, you may cry. As there have been many opportunities to make that choice this year, let me make the first option a little easier. Herewith, 5 funny tweets about 2020 and 1 recipe to bring to a small, socially distanced gathering.
- My 2020 gratitude journal is written entirely in profanity @serendipitydon1
- Please can we skip Daylight Saving this year? I can’t handle an extra minute, let alone an extra hour of 2020. @AndLookPretty
- Please stop saying we live in hell. Hell follows some level of logic and a basic set of rules. @bridger_w
- A neat thing about 2020 is that enough stuff happens every month to fill an entire verse of “we didn’t start the fire.” @TragicAllyHere
- My conspiracy theory is that time travel IS real & someone keeps trying to fix 2020 by changing something but every time they do, they unwittingly make it worse. How else do you explain the sudden disappearance of murder hornets? They saved us from those but at what cost?!?! @NSLCpunk
And your recipe!
Pepper Jelly Dip
Toast 1 cup of pecans and finely chop.
¾ Cup of the pecans
½ Cup of Mayo
Dash of Tabasco sauce
Dash of salt
½ Cup green onion
2 Cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
Press above into a pie plate.
Spread one jar of Hot Pepper Jelly (red – Tabasco brand if you can find it) over the top
Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of pecans
Serve with crackers and/or celery. COVID twist – instead of a pie pan, layer the elements in ramekins so each guest can dip out of their own bowl.