Here are some examples of how your CPA is feeling right about now:
- A 2-week-old bar of soap in a public bathroom in the 1980s.
- A cast member of The Walking Dead – zombie or apocalypse survivor, your choice.
- A parent of colicky triplets.
Add in a labor shortage and clients getting documents to them at the last minute (not YOU, of course!) and we’ve got a potential wave of nervous breakdowns on our hands.
Yes, you pay the fee for getting your taxes done, but how about throwing a little extra love to this underappreciated group of professionals? Some ideas.
- Take him/her out for a post-Season drink. This doesn’t work for everyone, but I happen to have a super-fun CPA (shout out to Elizabeth Moore), so that’s why it’s number one on the list.
- Send an e-gift certificate for something fun like movie tickets or a comedy show.
- Liquor is generally welcomed by accountants this time of year. Try Drizly or your local wine store for delivery
Show a little love for the CPAs in your life. It will make you feel just as good as the recipient.