Let’s face it there are just some traits you are born with. For example, you are either a runner or not a runner. I fall firmly in the not runner camp. You are a dog/cat/reptile/no-pet person. You are a saver or a spender. You are a morning person or a night owl. You are an early or a last minute holiday shopper.
You can try to overcome these tendencies, but it’s hard. Why not embrace the real you and just be the best non-running, over spending, late night, python loving, last minute shopper that you really are? To that end, here are some benefits to being both types of shopper:
According to US News & World Report, early shoppers are happy because:
- Better selection – those last minute shoppers will only get the pea-green iPhone covers for their kids
- Space out the spending – smaller gift bills throughout the year are easier to pay than a huge one in January
- Lower shipping costs – you don’t have to pay those 1-day urgent shipping charges for your online gifts
- Spending more time with family over the holidays – versus panicked trips to the mall
ProgressNewspaper.org suggests that last minute shoppers enjoy:
- Smaller crowds – those early shoppers are all home drunk on egg nog and watching Elf
- Discounted prices – stores are trying to clean out before the dreaded January inventory count
- Lower chance of discovery – kids have less chance of finding their gifts if they are only in the trunk of your car for 10 hours
- When all else fails, your local grocer has gift cards for every personality!