Summer fun in the Rockies
Here are a few things I plan to do with my kiddos this summer. I hope to see you there!
- Red Rocks for movie and a band – Probably not Citizen Kane, but what kids doesn’t love Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? http://film.redrocksonline.com/fotr
- Hiking without the long drive – Yes, they will totally complain about it, but we WILL experience some great outdoors close to Denver. http://dayhikesneardenver.com/best-hikes-with-kids-near-denver-colorado/
- Winter Park Alpine Slide and other fun base activities – This is an annual tradition. My youngest is always afraid on that first run of the alpine slide, then, we can get him off of it. If you plan to do it more than one day, the season pass is a good deal. https://www.winterparkresort.com/the-mountain/summer
- Hang out at anyone’s neighborhood pool who will have us – Living in Denver, our pool options aren’t awesome. Cue the grandparents and friends who live in the suburbs. Thanks in advance, and I’ll bring wine and snacks for the post-swim happy hour.
- Use the kids’ My Denver Cards for free activities – Okay, so our pools may be lacking in the big city, but the good folks at Denver Parks and Rec have all sorts of fun and FREE activities for the kids. Drum lessons? Sure as long as it’s not at my house. Pick-up basketball games for kids? Fishing in the lake at the park. Good stuff.
Let me know if you have some ideas to supplement my little list!