Online Classes for the Do-It-Yourselfer
Planning for your financial future is not scary and should be exciting. Really, it’s just a matter of learning some new words. My online classes are short and to the point. You will learn useful information that you can act upon now. The classes are even a little funny.
You will acquire the basics of the following topics with NO accompanying sales pitch for investments, annuities, or life insurance:
- Building a Financial Foundation (What to do BEFORE investing)
- Investing Basics (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, asset allocation)
- Intermediate Investing Concepts (Retirement planning, college planning, dollar cost averaging, rebalancing)
- College Savings Strategies (529s, Custodial Accounts, Roth IRAs, and more)
- Building your financial future (target savings amounts for retirement, emergency funds, and college)
- What do to if you become widowed
- Money and Divorce
- Retirement income planning
- Investing during retirement
Personal Appointments via phone, video, or in person
If you would like to talk to a financial planner about your unique goals, financial decisions, or dilemmas, contact me to set up a 15-minute phone call.
During the call, we can see if there is a fit for working together. If so, we can set up a one-hour consultation by phone, video conference, or in person (Denver, CO).
The rate for meetings and pre-work is $250/hour. Topics typically covered are (not all in one hour!):
- Investment check-up.
- Setting personal savings goals for retirement, college, or other life milestones.
- Helping decide if you can afford a large life change (home purchase, remodel, starting a business, career change, second home purchase, etc.).
- When can you retire?
- How much can you spend in retirement?
- Using a windfall (inheritance, work bonus, lottery winnings) responsibly.
- Do you need life insurance? What kind? How much?
- Does Long Term Care insurance make sense for you?
- Combining finances as a new couple.
- Signing up for employee benefits.
- Whether or not to purchase rental property.
In-Depth Financial Planning
Packages for more complex financial planning start at $2,000. The cost and scope of work is customized for each client, but typically include:
- Modeling for retirement income using different variables (age, income, savings prior to retirement, inheritance, business sale, use of home equity, etc.).
- Pension and Social Security analysis.
- Investment examination and specific recommendations if changes are needed.
- Life and Long-Term care insurance needs analysis.
- 1 year of implementation help, follow up and unlimited questions from date of plan presentation.
For over 20 years, I have been making financial planning approachable, sensible, and enjoyable! I’ve also raised over $100,000 for women in poverty as the 5-time Emcee for The Alliance Foundation.
I bring energy and helpful information with NO sales pitch to the following venues:
- Professional organizations
- Lifestyle groups (think book clubs, sorority/fraternity alumnae, wine group, Meet-up)
Presentations topics range from beginning financial concepts to complex retirement income planning. Contact me to discuss how I can help take your next gathering to the next level.