I think this is the blog where I am supposed to gush about my wonderful family and brag to you about all of my successes in 2016. Gobble, gobble, who wants to read that? So, in no particular order:
1.The election is over, so I can quit coming up with excuses why I’m not watching the debates on TV. Hey, that laundry wasn’t going to fold itself!
2. Pumpkin and pecan pies for Thanksgiving dinner bought through the Project Angel Heart fundraiser. So delicious and gives me an excuse to not make pies while supporting a great charity. By the way, I wasn’t going to bake those pies, anyway. This just makes me feel better about buying them!
3. The nice lady at the Winter Park season ticket office who fudged my son’s birthdate by 2 weeks so we could get one more year of free skiing for him. Thanks, nice lady!
4. This 5-year old laptop continues to work so I am keeping it another year in spite of my whole family mocking it. Who needs more than 1 hour of battery life, anyway?
5. People who dress up as turkeys, pilgrims, ballerinas, clowns, ancient Romans, storm troopers, and pies to run/walk the Turkey Trot every year. You make consuming Bloody Mary’s while watching the race so much fun!
6. The City of Denver hasn’t allowed a retail marijuana shop to open next door to my house.
7. None of the men in my family have chosen to sport a man-bun.
8. My kids haven’t gotten too cool to watch the Peanuts holiday specials on TV. Yet.
9. More and more retailers are choosing to stay closed on Thanksgiving Day.
10. The amazing network of clients, friends, family, referral partners, vendors, and all of you who have helped Sullivan Financial Planning grow into its TENTH year in 2017. Thank you all so much!